Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving week fun!

I'm so thankful for everything God has blessed us with. Three wonderful children, family, a wonderful church family, homeschool, my husband and SO much more! This week with my 3 blessings we have had a lot of fun and sort of taken a break from the regular school work with some fun Thanksgiving activities.

Monday we made woven place mats whcih I laminated. We used fall colors, red yellow and orange. We had SO much paper strips left over that we made a paper chain and wrote things we were thankful for on each on. It's now hanging above our living room window.

Tuesday was my youngest princess 3rd birthday! I can't believe how fast she has grown. For our fun project we made Indian vests! We used paper bags and cut down the middle and made arm holes in hte sides. The children painted them and our neighbor boy joined in the fun!

Wednesday was the messy day! After a non messy activity of hand turkeys which they all enjoyed coloring, we had some science fun with a pumpkin! First they guessed how much it weighed, how big around, if it would float and how many seeds inside. Then we set to work with finding the real answers. Boy were we all surprised to find 437 seeds in our little 5lb pumpkin! They are in the oven baking now and the rest of the pumpkin will be baked and made into either pumpkin bread or some other yummy pumpkin treat!

For Thanksgiving day we will make hand/shoe turkeys, play Indian games and then head over to my husband's parents for Thanksgiving dinner and a little bi
rthday party for my little princess.

for some reason blogger isn't loading my pics so I will try again later. Have a blessed Thanksgiving and stay safe if you go shopping on black friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10