Wednesday, March 19, 2014

3 Reasons to Use Online Videos in Your Homeschool




Today I want to share with you one of the ways that we add to our homeschool studies. As I've shared before we use My Father's World as our core curriculum. Of course there's questions kids have or they want to know more information than what I have available in my brain or my book shelves. I have found that online videos are a great way to enrich your studies. Here's 3 reasons why I like using online videos to enrich our homeschool. 


1. Free
 They are completely free (thanks to the many ads). .That means I can use as many as I want and whenever I want without having to pay fees. I also love that i can share these freebies with my fellow homeschool friends who may be learning the same thing. It's great that we have this available for us so we can spend our often tight homeschool budgets on other things.

2. Fast
No matter what, you can hop online and find a video fairly quickly without having to run back to the library or wait for a hold to come in. Even if I haven't planned ahead and find the video I want to use ahead of time I can quickly hop on my laptop, do a quick search and find a video that suits our needs. 

3. FUN
My kids LOVE watching videos on the computer and the best part, in my opinion, is that we'll start with one video that I chose and they'll pick another from the gallery that pops up at the end! They often end up learning about much more than just the penguin video I originally picked. 

How do you utilize videos in your homeschool? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10