Monday, April 8, 2013

2013 Ultimate Blog Party!




This is my first time joining in the fun with the Ultimate Blog Party hosted by 5 Minutes for Mom. I joined in the Twitter Party tonight and it was CRAZY at first to try to keep up with it all but so much fun! I made some new blogger friends, including Sarah at Pillow Talk, who is due the day before me. We both have the joy of our little ones constantly kicking our bladders! If you're just stopping by my page for the first time from the party here's a little about me. Thanks for stopping by!


About Me

I'm Jacquie, and I'm 30 years old (that still sounds weird! Do you ever get used to it?) I have been married to my husband for almost 9 years. We met in 2003 when I was a sophomore in college.

A month before Chelsea was born we were invited to church by a friend of my husband's. We went and fell in love with everyone there. That's when things turned around. In March of 2004 we had our oldest, Chelsea and 3 months later we got married!

We have gone through a lot of growing and changing in the past nine years since recommitting our lives to Jesus Christ.

In 2005 I went back to college, determined to get my degree in education and have a career as a teacher. Doors got shut and those dreams were flushed. In May 2008 I graduated and had my son. It was a crazy week!

The following year I sent my oldest off to kindergarten in public school. She enjoyed it the majority of the time thanks to an amazing teacher! She did have some issues with kids making fun of her speech. Some of which I heard of and other times from her classmates parents. Now we're getting to..

Why I Homeschool


This is the funny part. My husband wanted me to home school from the very beginning. My answer to him? "NEVER."

I've since learned to never say never! In February of that kindergarten year I started thinking about it and thought I'd lost my mind. BUT The seed had been planted. God had started changing my heart once more. He kept placing it on my heart and mind until finally I gave in and we started homeschooling the following school year.

That year was NOT easy. I had to learn to teach my daughter and she had to learn to obey mom as teacher! There were many,many days I wanted to give up. We made it through though and are now close to finishing our third year of homeschooling! I have no desire to ever go back to public schools nor do my children. Not that homeschooling is for everyone, because it's not. The house is always a mess, it's a lot of work and not everyone has the time or patience for it. For me though this is the path God has chosen. He closed those doors to a career I'd dreamed of for years to open doors to another I never even considered! ]


Why I Blog


Connection to the outside world! Well, that's part of it but it also lets me be creative without having to spend money on printing pictures and scrapbook materials. It's a lot faster! Better yet, I can encourage other mom's on this journey of homeschooling, mothering, Christianity, being a help-meet and many other ways! I love getting ideas and encouragement from other blogs and so this is my way of hopefully spreading some of that to others out there.



Phew, that was a LOT. If you've made it to the end thank you for visiting and reading about me and my journey! Be sure to join in the Ultimate Blog Party Hangout on Google+ tomorrow night. I hope to see you there!


God Bless,
Jacquie 

2 comments:

  1. I've been 30 for about 5 months now and it still seems strange to say. Kind of like I never pictured my son being older than 2, I guess I didn't picture myself at 30 either. LOL

    Visiting today from UBP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's amazing! I could never homeschool. My kids are 4 and they'll go to kindergarten next year because I can't imagine having the patience or skill to actually teach them, so good for you! So impressive! Here from the party and following via GFC. Hope you'll stop by my page too! http://www.parentwin.com/2013/04/ultimate-blog-party-2013.html

    ReplyDelete

09 10