Monday, October 7, 2013

Hebrews 12:3



picture from www.renewedstrength.org

This verse spoke to me when I needed it most. After trying to help a dear friend and have it majorly backfire I was feeling greatly defeated and weary. At church the next day though I got exactly what I needed! Refilled with God's love, encouragement and grace. 

Hebrews 12:3 is a great encouragement when you feel like giving up or feel just plain run down by life in general or a situation you're going through. Highlight it in your Bible, post it on your fridge, memorize it, whatever will help you to be reminded that Jesus went through all kinds of torture for our sins. No matter what we need to turn to Him for renewed strength and perseverance. 




2 comments:

  1. Jacquie, your post is so quiet yet serene and brought me peace today. Such a simple message yet powerful all the same. I'm struggling with something similar and just decided last week to Let Go and Let God - stressing just wasn't making it go away, any easier or erasing it so with His love, His divine mercy and healing, we do move onward right?
    Blessings to you this day and know your post touched the life of someone else.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear that you were encouraged by this! it's amazing how God knows exactly what we need, when we need it. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete

09 10