Monday, October 28, 2013

Psalm 23



I  don't know about you but I listen to the radio quite a bit. You've probably noticed that I've posted several songs this month as forms of encouragement. To me that's the best way to lift my spirit. I just put on some praise music and sing away! 

A few days ago when i once again had the radio tuned to a favorite Christian station they had a message that I really liked. The woman read Psalm 23 and had a message for us all.




That message was a reminder to slow down every now and then and take time to enjoy life and relax. It's so very easy to get caught up in the every day hustle and bustle  of work, caring for our families and everything else vying for our attention. But that's not the way God intended us to be.

He wants us to take time to relax and "lie down in green pastures" or lead us by still waters. Now that doesn't mean we have to do exactly those things but it does serve as a reminder that our lives aren't supposed to be the constantly stressful, hectic lives we often lead.

Take a few minutes each day to relax and sit at His feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10