Saturday, October 26, 2013

One Word Update



I'm a little late this month but better late than never. Right? So here we go.Our visitors left shortly after my post last month so it took some time to readjust to it just being the six of us again. We took a week off of school to just de-stress. Here's how I'm doing with my goals.

Reading
Really struggling with this one! I keep finding so many other things to "do" during the day that I'm just not making the time to get it done like I know I should. Time to refocus and figure out a plan of action that i can actually stick to.I did get the Wayfinder's Bible which is pretty neat in that it has Bible reading plans right in it so I may try out one of those.


School
Plugging along and doing pretty well. Hunter is starting to red CVC (consonant, vowel, consonant) words which we are both quite excited about!
We switched up some things for Chelsea which seems to have really helped her mood and attitude toward school.
Natalie just has such a desire for learning and always gets so excited for school! and just eats it up. When we started homeschooling 3 years ago my youngest was 9 months old so it was quite different than having such a little one! We are having fun though and learning to be more flexible with my schedule.

My House
Oh boy, school, 3 month old who loves attention and a tired mama= not the neatest of homes. Trying to keep up has been hard lately. Tiredness from waking up every 3-4 hours is starting to show. The kids help with chores and I just wrote a post tonight about how they pitched in and helped without being asked. We'll get there. Slowly but surely.

I did go and organize the girls room last week! Since the move I haven't really organized the kids rooms. With a newborn I didn't unpack anything. All the amazing helpers we had brought stuff in and my husband unpacked the living room boxes but I'd never organized the kids room so I was on a mission!

How are things going in your neck of the woods? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10