Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Struggling with Depression




I've posted about this a little bit before but I found a great resource I want to share with you. I know a lot of people who struggle or have struggled with depression, my mom, grandma, my husband last year and now my best friend. 

I know for me it's hard to understand the thought process that causes depression and anxiety. I had a very hard time being supportive of my husband when he first went through it. Seeing someone struggle with depression isn't fun or easy but I'm sure actually going through it is even harder.

 I was looking for resources for a friend a few weeks back and found this website. Just Joy Ministries. This ministry was founded by a woman who has struggled with depression herself and wants to help other women overcome it with God's help. One resource is a 21 days to Beat Depression.Each day has a Bible verse, some words of encouragement and then a step to take like listing things yo're thankful for. 



My hope and prayer is that if you or someone you know is struggling with depression or anxiety that this would be a  help. My prayer is that you may be a blessing to someone struggling whether by praying for them, sharing this resource with them or whatever other way you can think of. We all struggle with negative thoughts and emotions from time to time but with God's word we realize there is hope no matter what our circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10