Thursday, January 16, 2014

"Made to Crave" Bible Study

Proverbs 31 Ministries Online Bible Studies
I'm quite excited about a new Bible study I'm joining online! It's through Proverbs 31 ministries. We will be using the book Made to Crave: Satisfying Your Deepest Desire with God, Not Food. The Bible study itself is free but you will need the book in order to follow along. You can find it here to get the print format or Kindle/ebook version here. Other items are available but not required for the study. They include a Devotional book, participants guide and action plan..  You can get all of these through the P31 site.





Here's a little more about the online Bible study from the Proverbs 31 site. I've never done one of these before so I was curious as to how it worked. Along with the info here there will be a Facebook and Twitter activities to join in on as well as a weekly blog hop which I'll be joining in on.


1.  The study takes place at http://www.proverbs31.org/online-bible-studies/.  This is your #1 source of information. All other outlets, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest are just options. The study is not run on Facebook, and you do not have to have Facebook or other social media sites to do this study — only the Proverbs 31 Ministries OBS blog.
2.  Every Sunday of the study, an outline and introduction video of that week of study will be posted to help you prepare for the week. Each day you will receive an email with your assignment for that day. There are no assignments on Saturday & Sunday.
3.  There will be Bible study activities on the P31 OBS blog all during the week. Each day you will be invited to share in the comment section. This is where you can interact with all of your OBS sisters from all over the world. There will be homework and study ideas, memory verse suggestions, discussion questions, video messages, and opportunities for anyone who blogs to share their blog post on our ever so popular P31 OBS Blog Hop weekly.
4.  You need to have the book we are studying in order to participate in this Online Bible Study. We will be using the book. You will not need any other materials, such as a participant’s guide or DVD. You can order or pick up the book almost anywhere books are sold; however, we have plenty here in the Proverbs 31 Ministries Bookstore.
5.  Other items that will be helpful for this study:  a Bible, a notebook, pen or pencil, and highlighter.
6.  You will get out of this study exactly what you put in to it. Your Bible study leaders will be encouraging you to keep up with our schedule by carving out a specific time to work on Bible Study. Make this study a priority. You signed up.  That means you are making a real commitment to this study and that’s great! You can do this!  Make this a priority in your life. You are worth it! And you won’t regret it!
7. Online Bible Study Archives: If you ever miss a few days or miss a post, have no fear! Every part of this study on this blog is saved in our View Past Studies section in the right column.


Will you join me and the over 30,000 other people who have already joined? Click here to find out more about the P31 OBS and check back each Thursday for the P31 Blog Hop! 
.
P31 OBS Blog Hop

DISCLOSURE: I may be an affiliate for products that I recommend. If you purchase those items through my links I will earn a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link. Thank you, in advance for your support!

6 comments:

  1. Hi, I am stopping by from the BlogHop. I am excited to be starting this story and really like the weekly BlogHop option they have. I also liked how you posted the details of the study on your blog because I had actually missed a few points! So thank you for that! Looking forward to the study with you and rest of the community joining in! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I love the blog hop idea too. A friend found this study and shared it with me. can't wait to get started.

      Delete
  2. Jacquie ~ Welcome to your first Online Bible Study with P31! So glad you signed up! Hugs ~ Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are also a homeschooler! I too am beginning the journey with our daughter. She is almost 4 (in July), but she is testing almost 2 yrs ahead and is also a very stubborn and active learner. I excited to follow your blog, not only for the study, but for the homeschool....that's what my blog is for as well as everything else in our life! =)

    ~Jess
    http://jesslivinginfaith.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thyanks for stopping by! My four year old currently tags along with big brother for k but doesn't do the reading and math activities. She has a few workbooks she does for fun. We use My Father's World which I love because it's quick and easy but gets the job done for active little ones! I'll be sure to stop by your page!

      Delete

09 10