Thursday, October 17, 2013

Wisdom for Parents


Today i want to share with you about a book I've had on my shelf for several months now but haven't picked up until recently. It's called, Wisdom for Parents. This book got me thinking after the first page I read. On day 1's page it talked about how Solomon was wise which is why he spoke in proverbs or quick, catchy phrases.


These quick phrases help us remember things better than some wordy sentence. The writer challenges us as parents to be creative in how we speak to our children and instead of lecturing, to think of a more memorable phrase to use. 

Now that I think more about it our family does have one that we got from cousins. "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit."  It may not be directly from the book of Proverbs but it does the trick! My kids will even use it on each other when one starts complaining about something!

 I'm excited to continue reading the Wisdom for Parents Devotional and the book of Proverbs to see how I can use Solomon's wisdom in my parenting and I encourage you to do the same! If you don't have the book even just reading through the book of Proverbs is a great start! I've heard it suggested to read one chapter a day since there are 31 Proverbs it works out perfectly, one for each day of the month!


photo found here 

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10