Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Breakfast Revolution Reveiw

Beth Ricci from Red and Honey has started a Breakfast Revolution with her new book!

 I'm quite new to the "whole foods" and "gluten free" idea of things and we haven't completely made the switch yet so I wasn't sure how my family would like these recipes but I wanted to give them a try.

The first thing I made was her bacon wrapped eggs. My husband couldn't stop talking about them! He talked about them to everyone he saw that day and even several days after kept mentioning these to people! 

My kiddos love their pancakes! I was quite happy to try some healthier versions from Breakfast Revolution. Here is a picture of one made with oatmeal. By far though the favorite for my kids were the "eggy pancakes." I was quite surprised at how much they enjoyed them. My son easily figures out what's in things. He figured out the oatmeal in these pictured here and the eggs in the eggy pancakes. 



At the end of the week I decided to try the cinnamon bun muffins. Like I said, I'm new to the gluten free baking so I'm not sure what I did wrong but we had butter oozing all over the oven! The muffins were yummy and surprisingly filling despite the mess I made.



My favorite was almost like a breakfast casserole with hash browns, eggs, bacon and lots of cheese. So yummy! 


Getting up to actually make breakfast definitely takes more effort than pulling out a box of cereal and three bowls. It is definitely worth it though. 

"As the sun rises up day after day you have a choice. Choose to take part in the breakfast revolution and treat your mind, body, and soul to a beautiful and nourishing meal that will fuel you for the day of possibilities that lies before you."


My kids aren't begging for more food five minutes after breakfast and although it's taking my three year old some getting used to especially the idea of eggs, it's so much nicer knowing that I'm feeding them something healthy! 

Beth has a great book with her Breakfast Revolution and I can't wait to try more of her recipes to continue to transform my family's breakfast! 

Breakfast Revolution is a part of the Ultimate Healthy Living Bundle on Sale this week only! OR you can get it directly from Red and Honey by clicking here



No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10