Tuesday, January 1, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Happy new year everyone! I hope 2012 brought you some good times with the ones you love. For me I'm sort of glad to see a new year come. Last year was rather rough for our family and I'm ready for a new beginning!

I don't really make "resolutions" for the new year but I do have a few goals that I want to accomplish this year.

1. I got a new Bible for Christmas! It's larger print which will be great for me. My goal for this year is to read the entire thing. My husband inspired me to do this. He has been faithfully reading daily and has almost read the entire Bible.

Then we gave my Dad a Bible for Christmas. When we talked on the phone later he said he never really had one which made me happy that he FINALLY had God's word. Then came the humbling part. He asked ME if I've ever read the whole thing. I had to tell him no, I hadn't and in fact in 2012 I wasn't very diligent about reading.

So, my goal for 2013 is to read through my Bible. To keep me accountable I've asked my Mom to join me. We gave her a Bible for Christmas too. She is a believer but just starting to return to the Lord. So to keep each other on track and give encouragement I asked her to read her Bible this year too!

2. I NEED to get my house in order.. Earlier in 2012 I started chores with my 3 blessings. It went well for a while with no complaints. Then after a while the fun wore off and the complaints started. I got lazy about it and stopped requiring them to choose their two jobs each day. After several months of no chores my house shows it. Therefore today we have reinstated our two jobs a day plus bedroom checks at lunch time.

Other than that I am going to figure out a system that works for me to keep up on things better as far as cleaning and laundry. I know my husband would appreciate it as would the children.


3. This spring I will be finishing our third year of homeschooling! It's been an adventure these past few years! I remember just starting and being SO scared and nervous! Now we've finally found the right curriculum and absolutely LOVE My Father's World.

After we finish this spring we'll be starting Exploring Countries and Cultures for fourth grade AND adding my son in for kindergarten! I didn't teach my oldest to read because she went to public school for kindergarten.I'm a little nervous about teaching two children now but at the same time quite excited. I know my son will pick up on things quickly. He loves learning and and always surprises me with what he knows! Goal number three is to finish out this year of school and make our next year a successful one.

These are some of my goals for 2013. What are some of yours? What are you putting in place to achieve them?  will update soon with fun from our Christmas vacation! Have a blessed 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10