Wednesday, October 9, 2013

You're A Great Mom!


As I was scrolling through my Facebook news feed the other day I saw a post from a friend from church. She has two young boys. She commented on the fact that having a two year old can be challenging and frustrating. Then she went on to question whether she was a good mother. 


That's just one example. I see it often. "I gave my baby a bottle instead of breastfeeding," "I got mad and yelled at my toddler." "I can't figure out how to help my child do better in school"." AM I A BAD MOM?" 



My answer for you? NO! YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB!Being a great mom doesn't mean you're perfect or that you have to do things a certain way.We all do things differently and our children grow and flourish just the same. If we didn't question yourself sometimes or have doubts, fears or worries we wouldn't be normal humans living with the condition of sin.



BUT there is a great reminder that we shouldn't worry in Philippians. 



We all know that's easier said than done! Give your worries and doubts to God though and remember another great verse from our Heavenly Counselor. 
 

Next time you feel those worries and doubts creep in remember these words from Philippians and remind yourself that 
YOU AR A GOOD GREAT MOM! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10